Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sick Day

I am at home this afternoon with Andrew who is a little sick. Angie takes the mornings and I take the afternoons. He is not very bad but we didn't want to spread it the rest of the daycare. Interesting that French people do not like the Euro. It made all of the prices go up and was very confusing to the elderly because one Euro is 6.57 Franks. I asked the German students and they didn't like the Euro either. One other noteworthy tidbit, French has no word for home, they have a word for house but not home. The closest thing to home would be "chez moi" or "my place". Same in German. I guess that English speakers value their home so much they would have their own word for it.

I had to fix our cable the other night, it was up and working, but Angie pushed a button. I tried to fix it to no avail. I looked it up online and got someone to translate for my, what I had to do was unplug it and plug it back in 4 times and then let it come all the way up. I have a degree and several years experience in computers and electronic devices, yet I would have never thought of that. Tommorrow the phone should be working and we have free calls to the US, some of you may be receiving a call tommorrow, if we remember you number. It is nice we have phone, internet, and cable all coming through the phone line for 29.99 euros a month. (about $44). Not a bad deal. It is high speed as well. Direct connect at 100 Mbs or Wifi at 54 Mbs. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts, JASON.

No comments: