Monday, February 18, 2008

Okay - That's wierd.

One of our classmates shared about his experience at the public restroom outside of Notre Dame. The public restrooms are always a good topic. First, there are very few restrooms available, even inside stores. Second, unless you have to pay (like the one pictures), they are usually in bad shape. When we went to Notre Dame the restrooms were locked and we had to change Andrew's diaper in the hallway. After hearing what another student went through we are grateful. There was a long line to even get in. And while he was using the restroom, a woman was standing there repeating, "These restrooms are free, but I clean them and you can pay me if you want!" While in close proximity to the patrons of the restroom. The restrooms were very small as well.

Another thing, these two statements are pronounced exactly the same.

C'est un inconnu.
C'est un nain connu.

So one could only tell by the context what you mean. The first statement means, "That's a stranger". The second means, "That's a famous midget." Could be either one. JASON

3 comments:

Chris said...

One of those statements is certainly more intriguing than the other. I don't think I have ever uttered the phrase in English. I sure would like to though. Hey look......!

mgribble said...

Paying to use the potty, whu didn't I think of that one. If I were the person cleaning the restroom, the last thing I'd want to do is distract the ones using it. Thanks for blog. Take care of yourselves. Praying for you all!

Bro. Matt said...

Maybe it's just talking about a strange midget.