Saturday, February 16, 2008

Back to normal.

Andrew is back to normal as you can see. It will be good to have everyone back at school next week. Angie wanted me to include the following. The third thursday of the month, people can put large items (ex. couch, TV, fans, boxes . . .) on the curb outside to be picked up by the trash people. This makes a couple days available for other people to browse the "sidewalk sale" and get stuff that they want. You can find some nice stuff. Wednesday night Yvain and Virginie came over. Yvain noticed that there was a TV sitting on the sidewalk and few houses down and wanted me to go with him to get it. I was upstairs tucking the kids in when the following converstaion ensued, "Jason, are you up there?"
I replied, "Who wants to know?"

Yvain said, "This is the police!"

Me, "I'm sorry, I only speak French."

Yvain (in French), "This is the police, come here."

Me, "Oh, I mean I only speak spanish"

Yvain - repeats the phrase in spanish

Me, "I mean, I only speak german."

Yvain (in german), "I speak German too"

Me, (trying to think cleverly), "Oh, I mean I only speak portugese"

Yvain then responds in portugese.

Me, "Sorry, I can't talk".


No compassion from the man that fluently speaks five languages. My prayer is the at least speak two fluently. I still am working on my first language, English. JASON

1 comment:

Sheff said...

Great story, Jason! I am enjoying your blog!