Sunday, March 9, 2008

Un bon dimanche, a good Sunday

We had a good day today. Service went real well, I enjoyed the song services. It has been fun learning new songs in French and some of the same ones in French. I have been playing my guitar for the services. It is a little harder to read music here, because they do not use the same notes and keys like we do (a, b, c, d . . .), they use do,re,mi,fa,sol, la . . . It takes a little recalculation. We start at 10:30 with a few songs, we try to learn a new one every Sunday. The last one is a song for the kids. I then have a short lesson for the kids and hand out coloring pages which they do during the adult lesson. Today we spoke about faith. I like having the home atmosphere and the close fellowship and discussion that it brings. Afterwards we enjoyed lunch together. Today was special as well because we attended the morning services of our sending church in Hillsboro, Texas. This happened by way of Skype (free over the web phone service). We were able to see and hear them. It was good. We are also able to answer questions and they can see us, it is amazing what technology is capable of. If you want to know more about this just let me know and I will explain it. After services Sunday, I am in a joyful mood, the only reason I think is because of the good fellowship and because I love preaching God's word. I employed a little more french in the lesson today, where I was able. Thank you all for the prayer and please continue to pray for the work here.

On another note, I found out what Gas costs here 1.70 euros/liter. I calculated that out and it is $7.14 a gallon. The U.S. does not have a lot of room to complain. Also pray for the exchange rate, that it will eventually start tipping back the other way. Currently at $1.53 for one Euro. To check out the status and see the trends check out http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=1&from=EUR&to=USD&submit=Convert
God bless, JASON

No comments: