Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Runaway Moose!


God is good- all the time. Today Micah (Moose) ran away from me on the sidewalk and would not stop when I called him. I couldn't catch up to him and I was getting scared because he was sleepy and not minding very well. I knew he wasn't going to stop and I was afraid he was going to go into the street or stumble into the street while he laughed at Mommy chasing him. Little did I know that danger was closer than I thought. He was headed toward a man and behind him was a lady. I hollered for him to stop again hoping they would catch him for me. Thankfully the lady put her hand up at him and he stopped right in front of her. At that instant a car backed out of the next gated driveway right where Micah would have been. The driveway was right behind the lady. She was watching for her husband to back the car out of driveway. She had been looking the other direction and only turned around when she heard me call to Micah. I am so glad she did. It is a blind spot impossible for a driver to see down the sidewalk from the direction we were coming. I am very glad she was there. It all happened so fast once he got a way from me I only had time to call to him twice. I was really shaken up after it-so after carrying him the rest of they way home and having a long talk with him I went straight for my Bible. This is what God showed me!
Psa 34:3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
Psa 34:4 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
Psa 34:5 They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
Psa 34:6 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
Psa 34:7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
Psa 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
Psa 34:17 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
Psa 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
Psa 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
I especially liked verses 4 and 7 and once again I am in awe of the God we serve. This was definitely one of my fears, before we moved here because I have had to have this same talk with Micah before. God already knew about it though and He had a plan for it. I think Thursday I will have a better plan for sleepy Micah and I will borrow a friends stroller. He is not getting any naps this week because the kids are not in school. They are at our school being watched by babysitters. Thanks for all the prayers you have offered on our behalf!
ANGIE

2 comments:

Anastacia Maness said...

Wow, I'm so glad that he wasn't hurt. God is good! Our prayers are with you all.

Bro. Matt said...

God is a great Father!