Saturday, March 15, 2008

La Baguette


"La Baguette" is the famous french bread here. It is a lot different than the traditional french bread in the states. It has a tough crust, normally small pieces are torn off and eaten by itself or with sauce, never butter. They are relatively cheap, less than 1 euro a piece. Some places you can buy three for 2 euros. They taste good but you can not make them at home. They require a special oven. We enjoy them as a snack or sandwich. Lilia is pictured here with the two we purchased today. I had gotten quite comfortable with purchasing them. Today I was proud of myself, I told her I wanted two baguettes. She didn't hear me because the bakery was busy and I had to tell her two again, I also held up two fingers to explain. Later as I was proudly walking home with my accomplishement thinking, "She probably thought I was french". I realized then that I had help up the wrong two fingers, French count starting with the thumb then index finger. Opps. One day I may get it right. Otherwise the weather is pretty here, it is 60 degrees and sunny, but with a 70% chance of rain. God bless, JASON

1 comment:

Anastacia Maness said...

That's interesting that they start with their thumb. I would have held up the wrong fingers as well. :) Weather has been nice here in Texas as well, 74 degrees right now. Hope you have a good service tomorrow.