Friday, January 18, 2008

Our daily bread.

First, you have got to check out this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fijBUeqiW0g , it is set in France and shares some of our lighter side struggles. Things have continued going well, in fact I am a little worried that things are going too well, I know that we are supposed to be going through "culture shock" and all that, maybe I am in denial. The food here has continued to be interesting. We have sampled several types of cheese that we enjoy. Sliced bread is expensive and not as large as we are used to, so we may try to swap over to the famous baguette. Thankfully chocolate is in abundance. We have not gone out to eat as I would have thought we would have been doing alot of. In the US people eat out more frequently than here, I thought that it would be hard to adjust to not eating out as much, but so far I have not had the desire to eat out at a restaurant (Angie Mentions here that it is "culture shock" not wanting to eat out. We have gone over the traditional French Dinner, which is a little overwhelming. It includes three to five courses, possibly as many as six or seven. One day we will be invited to all that.

No comments: