Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Chicken had feathers.


I bought a frozen chicken from the store the other day, and when I unwrapped it, it still had some feathers. Interesting. Something even more amazing happened today. I saw a pickup-truck. It was just a Nissan, but it was the first one I have seen since being here.


When I dropped Caleb off to school today, a crowd of boys gathered chanting his name, the way the French say it. It was cool. There are several aspects of language learning that are very difficult and humbling.

1. Everyone talks to you like you were a two year old and you answer them back the same way.

2. Your children correct your pronunciation. Lilia told me yesterday, "It's nasal dad."

3. You think of words in other languages as well. Angie and I still find the Spanish word coming to mind.

I know there are several that others could add. Here is another quiz question for you. French has the same amount of vowels in their alphabet as English does, but how many vowel sounds do they have? Attached in one of our teachers (Regine) and a few of our fellow students. Thanks for keeping up, and God Bless, JASON

No comments: