Friday, August 29, 2008

Visitors from afar.


Lynn and Brenda Raburn arrived today. I met them at the airport this morning. We have already been having a wonderful time. We have been trying to keep them awake, but they only got a couple of hours sleep on the plane between them. We walked them around Massy a little bit and now they have gone with Angie to the store. I am looking forward to supper. Angie is a great cook and even better when she has guests. That is why I never hesitate to invite people over, but don't tell her that. Lynn and Brenda brought us all kinds of goodies. Angie had put in a large order on walmart.com that they brought and they also gave us loads of peanut butter and grape jelly and syrup, books. It was great. The kids were loving every minute of it. I am a little sleepy myself, I was up at 5:30 to get to the airport. It only took an hour and 15 minutes to get to the airport by train. It took Lynn and Brenda about 40 minutes to get through customs and claim their luggage which I thought was pretty good. They explained though that the French customs area was more disorganized than about 30 third world countries that they have been in. I thought all countries had everyone in a large line about 8 people wide weaving around a room about the size of a large gym, but evidently not. Attached picture is of the kids enjoying their peanut butter and jelly sandwich. God bless,

1 comment:

MissionSEA said...

Have fun with your visitors! :) I was enjoying thinking about a good peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and then I noticed carrefour brand coffee filters. Now that feels liks home...we have those stores even in Thailand!