Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day by Day

We had quite a bit of snow fall Monday morning.  
I'm actually blogging earlier than normal this week.  Have a few minutes to spare so let me catch you up from the last few days (in a little more detail this time).  Saturday morning, just "chillin" with the kids, did have a couple of phone calls, and an errand to run.  We have a lady that attends our Bible study who has been having car trouble.  It has been in the shop for over a month.  I took her to the grocery store and she noticed that the mechanic wasn't at the shop like he said he would be, working on her car, so we stopped by the police station just to find out what course of action we could take if need be.  Saturday afternoon, Angie and Lilia went to a birthday party and youth meeting.  She had a lot of frosting left over from the cupcakes she had made so I got inspired and went into the kitchen.  While the boys played and Arianna took her nap, I made a chocolate cake, a marble cake, and banana bread.  I also made supper and had it ready when Angie and Lilia returned about 7:30.
Sunday morning services went well in Carcassonne.  We meant to leave right after services to get back to the house and get ready for some guests we had coming over, but we ended visiting a little just the same.  We met an English couple that come to a village near Limoux for vacation, they might come to our Bible study, which will be nice.  Angie translated the services for them Sunday.  Sunday afternoon, we had our neighbors come for a visit.  They have three boys, and we are thankful that we finally had the chance to get to know them better.  They do not practice any religion, so be in prayer for them that our conversations will convict them, and that we can have more opportunities to talk with them.  Sunday night, we didn't get to watch the services with our sending Church because their internet was down, but we did have a nice evening as a family.
Monday morning, took Lilia to school at 7:30, Andrew at 8:15, and Caleb and Micah at 8:40.  I planned on taking the morning off, cleaned up around the house a bit.  It has come up several times recently about handling cleaning, with large families.  Thankfully everyone helps out.  After a meal, the kids must unload the dishwasher and clean off the table before they leave the kitchen.  Then I rinse off the dishes and load the dishwasher, or wash by hand.  With laundry, we had a small washer and dryer (large by French standards), so we must do at least two loads of laundry a day.  I keep the washer and dryer going, Angie and Lilia fold and iron, and the boys put away.  Monday morning I also worked on a video and sent some messages about basketball.  I'm working with two seniors about going to play basketball in the States this next year at a university.  They are both excited and we are trying to get their videos and other information ready to send.  I also sorted out where I am with the Bible Studys, because in December we missed some weeks I was ahead on the Bible studies I had prepared.  I don't like being too far ahead because I like it to stay fresh in my mind.  I got all that straightened out.  I am thankful now that I have advanced a little more in the language that is does not take as long to prepare a Bible study.  Used to be, I would take a day and a half.  I still go over each study with my language partner orally, and then sent a written copy to a friend for him to proofread before actually posting it online.  Monday Afternoon I needed to go to the bank in Carcassonne to make a deposit (the bank in Limoux is closed) so I made the drive to find out that the bank in Carcassonne is now closed on Mondays as well.  Oh well.  I at least had coffee with Angie and Arianna took a nap in the car.  Afterwards, Angie took our friend shopping and visited with the neighbor while I made supper, and the kids did homework.
Tuesday morning (right now), I had a skype call with a pastor friend in Australia.  We went to seminary together and it has been nice to speak with him.  It encourages me to see God blessings on others.  He surely has blessed us.  I am also doing this blog and about to join Angie, who was with her language group to run to the bank (hopefully it is still open). I need to get Arianna ready to go.  God bless, JASON

No comments: