Sunday, May 4, 2008

Last Days of Vacation

Today has been a good Sunday. We are savoring every hour we have left of our vacation. Tomorrow it is back to school for everyone. Services this morning went well with the newly established church. They are mature and it is a blessing to be with them. This afternoon when we went to a nice new park we found near our appartment. After a little bit a family arrived with a boy Caleb's age. I was trying to get Caleb to go play with him and the other mom was trying to get her son to play with Caleb. Caleb was being a little shy and so was the other little boy but after they played together on the playground for less than a minute they were ready to play ball together. Later they had another son arrive who was a year older than Lilia. They all played tag with the ball together. I had a nice conversation with the mom and she was nice enough to share some of their drink with my hot sweaty very red-faced boys. They seemed to be a very interresting couple and I would like to get to know them more. I hope we will meet again at the park soon and have more conversations. I don't know what God's plans are but I wonder if these people will hear about Jesus from us. What an amazing thing that would be. She was curious as to why we were working with a church here and not in Texas and of course I shared with her the only explanation for that is God. I guess it is possible we may never see them again but I hope that is not so. Next is to learn how to tell someone all that Jesus means to us in French. I was thrilled at just being able to communicate what I did with them. I'll have to try it again sometime soon.
A great blessing yesterday for us was being able to watch Sarah and Justin's wedding on Skype.(Jason's sister) It was nice getting to "be there" so to speak. We didn't have any sound but it was nice just being able to see. It looked like it went well and I know the newlyweds are happy. Congrats Sarah and Justin!
Lilia is talking with her friend Hannah G. on the phone right now. I think it may be the first time they have spoken since we moved. They are updating each other on all the recent stuff- who's birthday party they went to and what they got and what new toys they have and what their brothers and sisters have been doing and stuff.
And I got to talk to my friend Krys --- It was great and I just want to say Krys, that TEXAS accent sounded GREAT!!NAAAAAAICE - ANGIE

1 comment:

Chris said...

Just wondering if the Naaaice comment was directed at my wife. She has a tendency to pick up the local accent wherever we are. She started using a lot of the same voice inflection as the Australians while we were down there. It was cute.....at first.