Friday, May 2, 2008

Iced Tea


Yesterday was labor day here. Almost everything was closed and there were vendors in the street selling flowers. I don't know why you would want flowers on Labor Day. Yvain explained that this is called bridge month. Everyweek there is a holiday and if fro instance the holiday is on thursday then workers can take off on Friday. If the holiday is monday then workers can take off on tuesday as well. It leaves only a three day work week for almost the whole month. I found a grocery store open yesterday and while shopping I noticed they had lipton iced tea for sale in a bottle. Angie and I had found Lipton Iced tea in other places but it was always peach flavored. I decided to go ahead and pick this one up. After we tried it we read the ingredients (it is better to wait til after), It was carbonated and had lime flavor. It didn't taste bad though, just different. We have found that to be the case with a lot of things here. They are not bad, just different. Pictured is Gary and Judy Orr. JASON

1 comment:

David Wang said...

Hi Jason,

Yes indeed, May is the bridge month, as my former teacher told us that in France, "on fait le pont". I thought how lucky the French are, they already have a short 35-hour work week and now they have more times off during May. How was the visit from Gary & Judy? Do you and Angie go back to class next week?

David