Sunday, May 25, 2008

Fête de la Mère




Today was mother's day in France (Fête de la Mère). There was a small celebration in downtown massy in celebrations, which is where we live. It was not much, a few booths and a live band. The streets were closed so we called Yvain and Virginie Saturday and moved the service time to 1:30. That is what is great about home churches. We did not have to call a business meeting either. Services went good, we presented a small gift to the 2 mother's present. In other news, Massy is alive with colorful flowers. On each lampost their hangs a basket of flowers and every patch of dirt has something blooming it seems. We were told that 20% of the city budget is spent on flowers. So far, I am loving spring in France. We have never visited here before summer, but it is real nice. I have attached some pictures of some flowers. Friday night, Caleb and I attended a local jazz concert. We enjoyed it. Caleb liked the drums. He managed to stay awake for the first 45 minutes. He said afterwards when I asked him if he liked it, "I liked it, it went into my heart and down into my feet." It was a good cultural experience and we even met someone there that we visited with when we made our survey trip over a year and a half ago. In answering the question from the last blog. "Je suis Jesus" = I am following Jesus (verb - suivre). "Je ne suis pas Jesus" = I am not Jesus (verb - etre). We pray that your Sunday goes well also. God bless, JASON

No comments: