Thursday, May 15, 2008

And Then The Police Came

So this morning I am home with the boys because there is a strike at the maternell school (preschool). It was 9:30 and I was just about to get the boys a snack when the doorbell rang. Who could that be I wondered- everyone is at school. I looked out the window down onto the street and it is the cops accompanied by the sanitation workers. Fortunatley, I could see why they were here because they were photographing the large pile of debris just outside our door. So even though it does not concern me I grab my keys and head downstairs thinking of the phrases I will say to try and explain the situation. When I got down there the men were not there. But then one man across the street came back to ask me about the pile of stuff. I triend to explain that it wasn't mine but the neighbor men were cleaning out their storage buildings. As I was explaining the police came back with one of my neighbors and he was giving the explanation. I asked if I could go because I had three kids upstairs and the man said yes.
So what may have happened was- Last night the neighboring men began cleaning out the storage areas behind our apartment. Maybe they were thinking that this thursday of the month was the one that the trash workers will pick up bigger things. So this is not an unusual thing to have junk piled out by the street but maybe the problem was that it stuck out too far and blocked the entire sidewalk. I'm not sure exactly. ANGIE

1 comment:

Leland Acker said...

Good headline, I wound up reading the whole story. Have you ever considered journalism?

On another note, You and Jason are on my prayer list.