Thursday, November 15, 2012

Visiting with friends

Visiting with the Rutherfords.

The picture does not do it justice.

Lilia took this shot at the basketball game.

The kids playing with their friends.
Well the second week of vacation went well.  I went and picked up our friends from Romania, the Rutherfords, on Wednesday.  While I was gone, Angie had a friend come over with her four children, and the kids had a good time together.  I arrived with the Rutherfords without any delays.  We spent a good couple of days together.  We laughed a lot.  We walked through the market on Friday, in the rain.  The girls went shopping the afternoon.  I drove them back Saturday morning.  We took the scenic route through the mountains, which was very pretty with all the fall colors.  Saturday afternoon, Angie and Lilia went to the youth meeting in Carcassonne.  There was no one else that came, so they returned. It seems everyone had put all their homework off until the last minute.  I had a basketball game Saturday night. It went well.  Lilia, Caleb, and Andrew went with me.  I played okay, but did not score, missing the one shot I did take.  The other team was from a small community, but still had seven players.  They played a good zone defense, which is why myself and others did not penetrate and score, thankfully we have some good long distance shooters as well, which gave us the victory.  I had a good time.  Sunday, we enjoyed the services in Carcassonne, followed by lunch and a nice nap.  We listened on skype to the services at Walnut Street and finished off a good and filled weekend.  This week the kids are back in school.  I have been occupied with paperwork and bible studies, that  I had put off during the vacation.  Someone is considering coming to work with us for two years, which would be great.  I prepared a paper giving her details and things to consider.  I have been trying to get a meeting place for the Thanksgiving meal we would like to do, but each time I stop by, I miss the person in charge.  I will try again this afternoon.   Bible study went well Tuesday.  We almost cancelled because one lady was out with car problems, and a couple were unable to make it because of work, but we ended having two come.  We had a good time of singing, praying, and studying God's word.  Wednesday, we picked back up our basketball practice.  I had 8 kids this time, and they all played real well.  After the first of the year we should start playing mini-competitions with the other teams.  I am looking forward to it.  I just finished an hour with my language partner.  Looking forward to the market in the morning.  The weather is supposed to be nice.  God bless, JASON 

No comments: