Friday, May 18, 2012

This past week in pictures

We have had a good week.  I will try to let the pictures tell the story.  Below, Lilia had a school swimming competition this past Wednesday, and it was in Limoux, so the whole family went.  She did well, competiting in three different races, and winning 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. 
 The boys had their final basketball tournament on Sunday afternoon.  Their team has grown some with some new additions, so they did not play as well, but at least got to rest some.  Micah made his first basket, and Caleb made one as well.  The picture below shows Micah passing the ball to Caleb.
 We have found some time to clean up around the house.  Monday and Tuesday I spent some time on getting the house prepared for our absence and the possibility of others staying in our house while we are gone this summer.  I had to repair some holes, and replace the caulk around sinks and bathtubs.  I hope to be able to paint the bathroom, and a small back closet in the morning.  I also worked in the back yard.  We have some the seeds  I planted already coming up.  Arianna, below, is actually kissing one of the roses that bloomed.  Roses do really well here.  You do not have to trim them back and they will be filled with roses. 
 We have not had the Bible Study this week, because Thursday was a day off.  Lilia invited two friends over to spend the night, and we played Monopoly with the boys.  I do try and keep contact with everyone by phone.  Arianna came up and snuggled to me while I was on the phone, and I think it was Caleb that took this picture. 
 I do not remember sharing about taking a trip to Rennes-le-chateau.  Seems like it was last Saturday that we went to the village of Fa for a garage sale and on the way back decided to stop by and visit the village Rennes-le-chateau and see the fortification on top of the hill.
 We enjoyed the brief visit, especially since the kids got in free.  The boys enjoyed wandering all over.
 We had another wonderful view from the top and the weather was just lovely.  It has been cool and sunny most of the week.  It started raining last night and continued today, so I was unable to go to the market.  I have been able to get a lot of work done on the website.  You can check it out at http://chevalcatharelimoux.fr
Andrew was invited to a birthday party at McDonalds on Wednesday as well.  Tommorrow we are invited to spend the afternoon with some friends, pray for this opportunity.  Sunday I will be preaching at the church in Barcelona.  Hope that you enjoy your weekend as well, and that Sunday morning finds you praising the Lord with fellow believers as well.  God bless, JASON

No comments: