Monday, June 9, 2008

How do you pronounce the "R"?

We had a great weekend, followed by a difficult day at school today. We spent 50 minutes trying to pronounce the french "R" sound. It was very difficult for us english speakers. The Germans did not have any problem at all. I still have trouble doing it, but I know now what it is supposed to sound like. It is hardest when the R is in the middle of the word like "Paris" or at the beginning like "rois". We went around the classroom with everyone trying to pronounce each word. If you don't believe me and want a challenge visit http://www.fluentfrench.com/nllandfrenchrtrick.html and try for yourself. Download the mp3 and pdf and give it a shot. Bonne chance. JASON

1 comment:

Susanna Littleton said...

Hey, I enjoyed practicing the french pronunciations. The hardest ones for me were 'chirurgie' and 'quincaillerie'. Very strange.