Thursday, August 9, 2012

New York City

Here we are at the Alamo.

At the Statue of Liberty, you can tell that
 Caleb was not feeling well.

The New World Trade Center is almost complete.

Time Square.

The Boys wash their feet in one of our hotels.
We had good travels these last couple of weeks.  The first Sunday after church camp, we had an apointment in San Antonio.  It was our first time to visit with the church there and we had a good time meeting the people.  After services we stopped by and saw the Alamo, which was a first for all of us.  It was nice to see such a piece of Texas history.  I met a french couple while I was there and had a good talk with them.  We returned to Henderson that night and then left the next morning for New York.  We stopped to pick up a rental van, and when we arrived, they did not have on available.  All they had was a 7 passenger SUV, which did not have enough room.  Thankfully God worked things out, and with just a short 30 minute wait, a van was avaiable for us.  We had a good drive to New York.  We took it easy this part of the trip, we spread the 25 hour drive over three days.  We stopped early and found hotels, where the kids could swim and watch the Olympics.  We arrived at New York City Wednesday evening.  We found the hotel no problem and got settled in.  We even enjoyed some authentic NYC pizza. The morning we woke up and hopped on the subway to see some sites.  We saw the new World Trade Center building, the 9-11-01 Memorial Site, we took the ferry over the see the Statue of Liberty.  After seeing the Statue of Liberty we were pretty tired out.  We headed back to the hotel and had some supper.  I went to pick up supper with Lilia and Caleb, we grabbed some chicken and side dishes and then stopped by a small store on the corner to get some paper plates.  Lilia and Caleb were waiting by the door with the food as  I went in and bought the plates.  The told me later that two guys walked out and one said to the other "Do you know Jason Clark?" To which the other guy responded, "Yes I went to high school with him."  I thought that that was wierd.  Just a coincidence or was one of my high school classmates living in NY?  After supper I took Caleb and Lilia to see Times Square all lit up.  They next day we headed to see some friends staying near Boston.  On the way we drove by Central Park.  The drive up to Massacheusetts was long and there was a lot of traffic.  We arrived in time to have supper with our friends the Columbines. We went to language school with them and had to separate to our different fields of labor, so we really enjoyed the visit even though it was short.  That next morning we drove over the Mercer, Pennsylvania for our Sunday appointent.  We had a great time in Mercer Pennsylvania.  We enjoyed the time with the church and visiting with the pastor and his family.  We had long 19 hour drive back home, but we did take a moment for a Doctors appointment.  The kids had been sick on and off during this trip, in particular Caleb, who had a cough that had lingered for a while.  We found out that he had Bronchitis, and got some antibiotics for him.  We had an uneventful drive home, it ended up being about 24 hours straight, but Angie and I took turns and got through it without problems.  We made it back in time for the revival services that I am preaching at Walnut Street, our sending church.  We are having a great time.  God bless, JASON

This Nissan Quest was our vehicule for the trip.

No comments: