Friday, November 22, 2013

Rain, Rain

The biggest news from the last two weeks would be the rain.  We have had rainful almost constantly it seems.  For 8 days straight we had rain, and for at least 3 of those days it was non-stop. 
I don't know if you can see in the above picture, the rocks peeking up out of the water on the far side.  That marks the edge of what is usually a parking lot.  Currently the weather has gotten colder, and we are getting sleet mixed with rain.  Things are going well with the AVF, we had a meeting last week and I was voted to be vice-president.  I am enjoying the computer class, each time we meet, it seems there are new students.  I think there are about 15 now.  We had a dinner with the AVF yesterday.  I had a great time meeting everyone, and had some good conversations about religion and our church planting efforts.  There were about 70 present.  Sunday, the boys had their first basketball tournament of the season.  They played three games, lost the first one 0-2, and won the next two 2-0 and 14-1.  They had a good time playing and everyone scored.  I hope that reflects my coaching skills. 
 
Bible study is going well.  Along with Lauren we have some things planned for the future.  We will soon have a kids Bible study time during the adult Bible study.  We are also looking at the possiblilty of having English courses, and maybe some groups coming. 


A friend gave us a couple of Courges that were enormous.  With the weather like it is, I think soup is on the menu.  God bless, JASON
 

No comments: