Saturday, March 23, 2013

Referee

A good Daddy daughter look.

Angie took a picture while walking behind our house.

Boys playing outside during the springtime weather.

A flower in our flower pot finally bloomed.
Time has gotten away from me again.  Last week went well.  Here are some highlights.  We had our first beginners Bible study.  Two were present and we had a good (and lengthy) discussion.   Last weekend the boys (my team) had a basketball tournament.  It went well because between games we had time to meet the parents and get to know them better,  Even though our team lost all games, we still had a good time playing and they had improved.  We were missing three of our players and they happen to be the three oldest and so that hurt us.  I also had the chance to meet with leaders of the basketball program and discuss the option of having AC Green speak at the big end-of-the-year tournament which will be June 9th.  Tuesday evening we had our regular Bible study, which was good because we had missed a few weeks due to the school vacation and people being out of town.  Thursday at lunch I took a bite of my sandwich and was suddenly chewing on a tooth.  My front tooth broke off where it had been fixed after breaking about 22 years ago.  I got a dentist appointment for the following day.  I still played in our basketball game that night.  It was an important game for us, because it was against the team that is tied with us for first place.  The game was close but we lost.  We had one of our team members ejected after loosing his temper at the referee and throwing the ball.  Friday morning I went to the dentist, it was sad because I missed going to the market during the beautiful weather, but I was really glad to get the tooth fixed.  Now it is just a matter of time to get used to the new shape in my mouth.  Friday afternoon we didn't have the beginner Bible study, I called before hand and they were busy.  They shared about some problems they were having with another person.  A situation we run into frequently it seems.  I end up playing the referee. Pray for us and these situations. Friday night is family night, we let the boys watch the French Top Chef program.  It is neat how much they like it, and they always re-enact it for several days afterwards.  After every meal they will discuss which dish they liked best and why.  Angie will be going to youth meeting this afternoon.  I will be leading the service at church tomorrow.  I pray you have a good week.  God bless, JASON

No comments: