Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all. This week has passed quickly. Tuesday night we went to the English Carol service at the church in Carcassonne where I was blessed to have the opportunity to bring a devotional - in English. I made some wassail for the service, everyone seemed to enjoy it. I remeber having it as a child and I always enjoyed it. Here is the recipe that I used. 2 quarts(2 liters) of apple cider, 2 cups(500 ml) orange juice, 3 1/4 cups(26 oz) pineapple juice, 1/2 cup (125 ml) lemon juice, 3 cloves, 3 cinnamon sticks, 1/2 cup sugar. Mix it and boil it and it is ready. Wednesday we spent most of the time with the kids and taking turns running to the store for things. Thursday I brought the lesson for the prayer meeting in Carcassonne. Before bed, Angie read the kids the Christmas story. Which brings us to Christmas day. We have been letting the kids stay up a little late for the last few days and so they didn't wake up until almost 8:00 this morning. Isn't that great! Andrew got up first and came to us and asked for some breakfast. Lilia was next and she woke everyone else up and reminded everyone that it was Christmas. After presents, Angie made a wonderful breakfast and we have been playing with the kids ever since. I am excited because we got the boys Legos. I always loved playing with Legos when I was young and ended up with quite a collection. It seems they have the passion already. They really enjoyed putting them together with us. Micah immediately tore his apart and starting making something else. I had better get back to the family. I pray that you have a wonderful Christmas day and that your thoughts are turned as well to the reason for the season. . . Jesus Christ. God bless, JASON

No comments: