Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Lord's Day

Another blessed day today. Unfortunately it was just our family for services today. I guess that is how it is for a lot of church planters just starting. We had good services though. I was the only Father and so I got all the recognition for father's day. We learned a new song in French that spoke to me the lyrics in English are . . .

Over all the earth, You reign on high
Every mountain stream, Every sunset sky
But my one request, Lord my only aim
Is that you reign in me again

Chorus:
Lord reign in me, Reign in your power
Over all my dreams, In my darkest hour
You are the Lord of all I am,
So won't you reign in me again

Over every thought, Over every word
May my life reflect, The beauty of my Lord
You mean more to me, Than any earthly thing
So won't you reign in me again

I have times when I try to run my life and leave God out, when it is God that should be ruling in me. I imagine that every child of his has the same trouble at times. It was a nice song, nice tune as well. I might need to add it to Godtube and youtube once I get the pronunciation down. Angie has gone to help some friends clean their new apartment before they start moving things in. I received a text message from a believer who just moved here from Denmark that wanted to join us in our services. I am looking forward to next Sunday already. It has been a good day of prayer, worship, bible study and time with my family. Everyday should contain those activites. God bless,

3 comments:

Bro. Matt said...

I pray God will bless your work and give you strength you need even when the numbers aren't what you would like. Pray for us at the national meeting.

Leland Acker said...

Hey Jason,

I'll be praying for you. I've had the same problem... and I live in a place where I speak the language and understand the culture. God called you to France, He will prosper your efforts (Nehemiah 2:20).

Anastacia Maness said...

Hey Jas,
Scott and I have been there before. It was harder when it was just the two of us. Nice thing when it happens now with 4 kids there is always someone to preach to. Your literally raising your church. :) Don't be discouraged. More people will come. Love y'all!